Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Happiness in Education

Education can be a very important path in anybodys life. Whether theirs happiness in education that can be viewed by peoples own opinions. School can be a struggle for some and for others it can be easy which in my opinion very few people see it as easy now. Being happy with education can be real important in a persons future and some people dont realize it.
    When i was small I remember getting ready for school as if it was nothing. I wasn’t real happy about it or sad either. Now i see kids that are in elementary school saying they dont like school. When I hear that i think to myself how they will feel in high school or college if thats the way they feel at such a young age. Sometimes i understand though because i myself have had some moments that I didn’t enjoy.
    I remember when i got to like 5th grade i started disliking school because it started getting harder. So i went on to junior high school like that and i wasnt really happy going to school so it started showing in my grades. They werent as bad but I knew I was capable of doing much better. It even kept going till i got to high school.
    My freshman year in high school is a year I will always remember. I started disliking school even more and started failing classes. So then my parents motivated me to look at the bright and happy side of education because its a path to a successful life. So i listened to them and started passing my classes again. Another motivation i had was by me receiving a most improved award. It made me real happy and made me realize that i can do good again if i worked hard and ignored the fact that i disliked learning.
     Now that im older, more mature and in college i see myself as a better student then which i was before. I now know that education can be tough at times but its really important for me and now i also like learning new things because i never know when they can be useful in life. I think back and remember what my parents told me about having a successful career and thats what im working on now and i know i cant give up now after a long way. Now im studying physical therapist. Its something interesting to me which i would love to learn and thats a good example of happiness in education in me. It motivates me to study harder to learn what i like.
     At the end i also realized life is full of obstacles and different paths. Its up to the person to choose the right ones in order to be happy in education and most importantly in life. A person without education and happiness isnt good. People will have to learn to never give up and fight for whats best for them. That is what im working on now so i can become even a better student and most of all a better person with education.

2 comments:

  1. I also disliked school when I was younger too because unlike most of my other friends/classmates I had school all week Sunday to Monday. The 5 weekdays were regular school (I even had after school). My parents just want me to improve on what I was not so good at and what I was already good at. I even had weekend classes for prep. While I had so much work my friends were all outside playing and having fun. By the time in high school did my parents allow me to attend classes I liked on weekends which made me enjoy school a bit more.
    Remember to cap your “I” and you needed a quote from either the book or video I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steven,

    This was very interesting. However, the assignment is to focus on the present. Your history of school and your current focus on happiness in the future leave out the most important time: now! For the paper, ask yourself how you can be a happier student today :) Hui Ling gave you some good pointers. Looking forward to your revision.

    ReplyDelete